Men’s Group meetings are open to all men and by participating in meetings, you can:
- reduce isolation by developing authentic connections
- be listened to and genuinely heard
- feel safe sharing feelings and perspectives
- speak honestly, openly and confidentially without judgement.
By participating in Melbourne Men’s Group meetings we agree that:
- to the best of our ability, we speak, and listen, from the heart and share how we are feeling
- whoever holds the ‘talking stick’, holds the floor and everyone else listens
- you can pass along the ‘talking stick’ without any obligation to speak
- the talking circle is a space where you are heard and immediate comment is not offered by other participants
- (Our experience over many years tells us that providing immediate feedback can be a barrier to free, authentic and ongoing sharing as the feedback is often attached to an unconscious ‘judgement’)
- we do not seek to solve issues or otherwise ‘fix’ anyone, because our belief is that you are are not ‘broken’ – however you can never learn less!
- counselling and/or professional advice is not offered nor provided at meetings,
- feedback from other group members can be sought after the Talking Circle is closed
- anything discussed within the ‘Talking Circle’ remains completely confidential.